Did you know…
The Utah Trucking Association’s main function is to lobby for the trucking industry? And that the Executive Director, Rick Clasby, is a lobbyist looking out for the interests of the association members? That’s why the slogan is “Utah’s Voice in Trucking”.
The Utah Legislature began its 2017 session on Monday, January 23rd and goes for 45 business days (ends on March 9th). Rick has already spent many hours at the capitol this week to make sure your voice is heard.
Every Friday, starting today, we will send out the Utah Trucking Association 2017 Utah Legislative Bill Tracker (or 2017 Bill Tracker for short). This will include all of the bills that impact the industry.
The tracker contains the gist of the each bill we’re tracking, but for a more in-depth view, you can click on the bill’s number to link directly to the Utah Legislative website and get all of the information available. We will update the tracker each week with the association’s insights and implications for the industry.
If you have any questions or concerns, please don’t hesitate to reach out – that’s exactly why the association exists.
O: 801.973.9370 | email@example.com
Click to view tracker:
This scholarship is sponsored through the generosity of the Southern Utah Trucking Association (SUTA) members. The scholarship is the result of the desire from the trucking industry to give back to the community by helping high school and college students further their education. Qualifying students may receive a scholarship ranging from $100 to $1500 to assist them with tuition, fees and other program costs.
Preference will be given, but is not limited to, students who are working towards an education in truck industry related fields such as:
- Human Resources
- Web Design
- Members or relatives of members of the Utah Trucking Association
To qualify for this scholarship, the applicant must:
- Must attach proof of registration to an accredited, trade school, college and/or university. Scholarships may be awarded for professional certificates as well.
- Must have a GPA of at least a 2.5 or better.
- Must attach official high school, college or university transcript.
- Recipient must provide receipt of payment of tuition within 30 days of receiving scholarship monies or be required to return scholarship monies awarded.
- Must complete and submit the application form and essays below.
- If selected, in order to receive the scholarship funds, student must provide a thank you letter and head-shot to the Southern Utah Trucking Association submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org to be published and printed in the association magazine.